Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Funny Craigslist Ad: Sometimes They Really Make My Day . . .

Even if I don't need to buy something or find a job, browsing around on Craigslist can really be an entertaining time-killer. I have found really good deals on there when I need it-- I bought a killer surf board for $75, and I also bought a Red Bull style bar table for $40 that I turned around for $400. Craigslist really is a win/win situation in my experiences. Sometimes, however, I come across a post on there that just makes me wonder . . .

WANTED recent college grad or retired school teacher

We are looking for dedicated, passionate individual to assist with homeschooling four middle school students. Homeschool loacation is in a seperate building away from the home. Transportation for outings and field trips provided. This would be an ideal job for a college grad who wants to teach but prefers to start fresh in the Fall. We are looking for someone who would be able to committ until June. Serious canidates please email me. References Required.

Ok, so let's recap this little lump of joy . . .

---You want to hire a recent grad or retired teacher.
---You want them to homeschool your kids . . .
---In a building that is not in your home.

Sorry, Craigslist poster, but there is a system that already does this, and the best news is that your tax money already pays for it. It is called the public school system. I realize they probably have a very good reason for this post, but I couldn't help but share in this delightful little piece.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL there's certainly nowt as queer as folk! I assume they've got a huge garden with a seperate school house!

Cape Town said...

haha, craigslist has some pearlers! Gumtree is equally as funny, some of the pseudo dating categories are hilarious!

Holly said...

HAHA! Very funny observation. Some people do make me laugh. But like the other commenter mentioned, Gumtree is an absolute minefield of unintentional hilarity!